Grandfather of Thomas Franklin Waters II Thomas Franklin Waters II

At the Sunday afternoon picnic on the Whipple House Grounds, Thomas Franklin Waters II (right) reads the dedicatory address his grandfather (left) made 100 years earlier upon the completion of the Ipswich Historical Society's restoration project that would make the Whipple House open to the public on July 5, 1899. (The original address was actually made in October 1898.)